Friday, February 10, 2012

Role reversal

Last night, at our writers club there was an interesting discussion on role reversal - we had to visualise and write down a situation where traditional roles were reversed - maybe if the boss asks for a raise from the subordinate, husband takes over core domestic responsibilities etc...

Interestingly the first thing that came to my mind was the role reversal with my domestic help - maybe her threats to leave had left a deeper impact than I thought they would...the situation would probably be something like this...here goes:

Today when the maid came in through the door, I forgot to say "Namaste". That was the start of an awful day because nothing I did seemed correct to her and nothing I said sounded polite enough...When I got down to cooking she really took off on me. She pointed out that I had forgotten to add salt to the daal, when I made chappatis, she said I used too much flour, when I washed up the utensils, she said I used too much soap, when I washed the bottles, she said I used too little soap!

But the worst was yet to come. When my 4 year old was back from school, she noticed that as usual, I forgot to wash his hands properly. That really set her off...I got a 20 minute lecture on hygiene and health from her...

I do hope tomorrow is a better day and that my work satisfies her because I really want 2 days off this weekend and I dont want to do any housework and I know she is not going to like it. Gosh I do hate her sometimes ....

No comments:

Post a Comment